Tuesday, September 27, 2011

True History - Veritas Card # 8 - First Intermediate Period in Egypt

First Intermediate Period in Egypt

   I am going back and forth on the cards, and I hope I am not confusing anyone. I am finding cards from other sets that I have missed during the appropriate time period. I am in a set of cards that covers early Egyptian history. I hope you can sort all this out and put it in the correct order. These cards would compliment the time before Moses was in Egypt, possibly during the time of the Tower of Babel being built.
   The first intermediate period in Egypt includes the dynasties seven through eleven. Civil war predominated Egypt at this time.
   There were people of nobility who had money, but they grew tired of serving the pharaohs. The nobility grew powerful and as a result of that, the country ended up splitting into two sections, which were the North and the South. Many times, kings who opposed each other ruled the countries at the same time. One would be in the North and the other in the South.
   Those who were serving in the priesthood also became rich and powerful. They gained more wealth and basically became selfish. There was no longer money to help those in need and to help the cause of society, like public works and irrigation. People also suffered from famine and periods of drought. Many suffer at the hands of selfish ruling authorities.
   The time period for this is around 2200-2050 B.C.

1 comment:

  1. I found an error in my post. Did anyone else catch it? I tried to guess the time period for early Egypt and thought it was during the time that the Tower of Babel was being built. It was probably some time after this, as people were not yet dispersed before the Tower of Babel being built.

    ReplyDelete