Thursday, October 13, 2011

True History - Veritas Card #20 (blue top) - Hyksos Invasion of Egypt

Hyksos Invasion of Egypt 

   Please bear with me as I try to arrange the sets of cards that I have on hand. I have three different sets that I am working from, and trying to get the cards in order as best as I can. Some of the cards seem to be missing, but I am trying to get them in chronological order from the different sets. I would like to show what was happening in Greece, Egypt, and Israel during the same time periods. So now the time period for the Hyksos Invasion of Egypt was between the times of the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the birth of Moses. It was also happening when the Minoan culture was thriving.

   The time period for the Hyksos invasion of Egypt was from around 1730-1570 B.C.  Many of the conflicts that arose in Egypt had come from within its own country. But this time a group of people from Asia called the Hyksos, invaded Egypt. They took Egypt by surprise and came with horses and chariots and advanced tools that the Egyptians did not have. The capital of Egypt became Avarias, which was in the delta area. They ruled the land for at least one hundred-fifty years. If a local ruler paid tribute, the Hyksos would leave them alone. The local rulers from Thebes, which was in the south, refused to pay the tribute and made war on the Hyksos. The Hyksos were defeated by a ruler named 'Almose' who also founded the 18th Dynasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment